Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Mt Si Artist Guild 2021 Juried Virtual Art Show

I am happy that my large painting Eros was selected by juror Liz Walker for this on-line exhibition. This piece is quintessential summer for me, and it is nice to remember the warm heady ripeness of summer on this dreary and foggy day. I have an enormous heritage rose growing up my studio and partial covering the window. It is absolutely alive with bees when it is in full bloom. It literally hums and vibrates. The flowers are so open and lush, seducing the bees to come move their pollen around. This is summer. A time of regeneration and birth, intensity and gathering energy. It is a very sexy time of year. As usual I painted growth exploding within an urban setting. This primal force cannot be contained by pavement or manmade structures. It is larger than us, and we are bound to it. Here is a link to the exhibition: http://2021artshow.mtsiartistguild.org/index.html

1 comment: