Saturday, January 12, 2013

Without Separation: An exploration of perception

The reception for my show Without Separation was a great success. I traveled through a snow storm to Ashland Thursday with no mishaps thanks to my trusty partner and our new tires!  The show looks beautiful.  The gallery director Chad McGruder did a fine job of hanging the paintings and arranging for the catering.


 
We were delighted that so many people came out to see the show in spite of the challenging weather. I had many in depth discussions about my ideas and the questions I have been pursuing.  Everyone I spoke to seemed to understand and appreciate what I am trying to do with my work, and that was very gratifying. The overall impact the paintings had on people was of special interest to me. For me, a successful painting draws people back again and again.  It challenges the viewer in some way, spurs questions and conversation. I saw that happen repeatedly Thursday evening and I was very satisfied. It is a strong show and a good venue for the work.

 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment